Friday, February 18, 2011

I Give Up


The distance grows between the haves and have nots
And I understand your apathy seeing as you already have a spot
But just for a minute, climb off your high steed
And try giving a shit about what it is I see
Your politics are causing me quite a stir
And I can’t determine when you lost you character
It’s clear to me you no longer care
While you inhale, pop another, and give your screens a stare
Information overload hell bent on my destruction
So excuse me if I don’t want to hear your backhanded instruction
I realize it’s time for us all to grow up
But with your attitude lately, enough’s enough
Don’t pass your problems off to me instead
Because you’re incapable of living inside your own head
It’s not my fault sobriety eludes you
And it’s not my fault that I don’t always know what to do
With all of this said I know you’ll never listen or care
So I’ll just leave you to wallow in your crazed despair

No comments: