Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wordplay

Strive for productive innocence
But in a sense I'm so unproductive
Your wait may feel immense
But that's no reason to be destructive
It may be the general consensus
To generally con the senses
Your past forgot your future
And now your present tenses


Wordplay for the worst
While the worst throw up their words
Listening to the mutes
While the deaf tell what they've heard


You may have the sense to be common
But you still lack common sense
Adequately in constant offense
Is your inadequate defense
At best you'll be accepted
At worst you'll find rejection
Attentive to their wants,
But only when they want to give you attention


Wordplay for the best
While the best hold their tongues
Regressing to progression
As our old selves search for our young ones


It's no secret that we're secretive
But we're all trying to hide in the sun
It's no wonder that you're wonderful
But I'm not fully convinced you're the one
I say I'm looking for innocence
But in a sense I'm still looking for what to say
And I'll keep playing with these words
If these words just want to play


Wordplay for the worst
While at worst they'll ignore my words
Listening to the mutes
While the deaf tell me what they've heard



No comments: