Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Valentine


Pen to paper; only to realize I hate her
Word to voice; but I don’t do it by choice
I confess I write best when I’m good and depressed
And I’d be blessed to have that beautiful mess

Words that others would call conversation
Leave my heartbeat with no chance of cessation
Sit there and say those words we long to hear
Sit here staring blind wishing you would soon appear

Ambition coerces those trapped by unknown forces
But doesn’t provide the motivation to run down those wild horses
Feelings of regret, of which you can bet
Will leave you clutching losing tickets in a cold sweat

A love of drugs that keeps the drugs lovin’ you
A want for release that you now can’t undo
Just a bunch of puppies that wanna fuck like rabbits
Why not kick it while we can? Since we can’t kick the habit

A length of leg and miles of style
But God forbid she ever stop and smile
Attack with the rack and then leave you behind
She’s fasting forward while they all wish they could rewind

People watching loses its sex appeal
And we start longing for someone to feel
I may be paranoid, but not an android
Just another piner trying to fill that minor void

Get up from a day just like any other day
To leave us ogling your sway, sauntering away
And no one even has to out rightly say
That given the chance they’d sure as hell play

A quick check of the shoes will tell you what you stand to lose
But you’ll still choose the one with issues
Drama’s the true spice of life
And your desire for it’s so thick you could cut it with a knife

So back to a night absent of your sight
Back to a fight that just isn’t quite right
Back to a day, for which we all prayed
Would lead to a night that would never fade

For the love of blond! I just want a brunette!
Red headed to a mess that I won’t soon forget
Color me lusting, for that damn pollution
But I’m out of ideas; so what’s your solution?

Pen to paper; only to realize I love her
Word to voice; and I’m doing it by choice
I confess I wrote this knowing not what to say
Here’s to the one still getting away, happy Valentines Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is much better than giving someone your heart for valentines day; hearts are too messy in my opinion.

-The Sociopath

Stretch said...

Agreed :D